~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Wednesday 18 August 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy?

Investments. One can justify anything as an investment when you fall in love with it. Like these Miu Miu lilac shoes:

The ubiquitous camel coat however, I could justify, even from Gucci. When something is this classic and enduring, the expense is worth it.


The same goes for the always stylish and age-defying Chanel suit, for which I have already started saving!

I wonder though if the same can be said for the Burberry aviator jacket, heralded by many as this season's 'must-buy'.


As much as I love this jacket, I suspect that next Autumn's heroine will have become another model to adore and lust-after.

And then there are the things that are so unbelievably you, it is not fashion that is compelling you to buy them, but a sense that owning them only reinforces your own style. That is the case with this Miu Miu bag, which I WILL track down:


I'll be wearing this bag with a camel coat this Autumn and through Winter into Spring. Sometimes one person's disaster is another person's style.