~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Monday 12 September 2011

Spring / Summer 2012 Trends - NYFW!

Now that the Spring/Summer shows have begun, I am so so excited for next season! Already several trends are emerging, and I wanted to share some of my favourite photos from the catwalk so far.

Cynthia Rowley:

Beautiful, oriental designs on silk and shiny metallics featured as below:


A beautiful jacket that I would wear over pale denim shorts.


A gorgeous waisted wrap / kaftan dress


I adore the printed shorts and the purple bowling style bag


Amazing printed trousers!


Shiny shorts! My favourite thing though? The shoes with the wide ankle strap.


Another amazing swishy dress.

Jason Wu:

Colour brights (yay!), floral prints and fluid skirts. I think I see a theme here...


White and blue flowers on a black background. Again I want the shorts!


I love the shape of this lime-green skirt.


More shorts envy.


Full-on pink skirt.


Sugar-spun pink skirt and sleeveless shirt. A favourite look.

Peter Som:

Technicolour high clothing from Peter Som:


Turquoise, pink, orange and green! I need the turquoise loafers...


Powder blue suit? Yes please!


Another designer who has combined pink and lemon! And I love the layered grass skirt.


Blue and orange, a classic combination.


Zebra print works on this bikini.


And close-up. The blue sporty zip-up reminds me of a favourite hooded cardigan I have by Gant...


Bright pink biker jacket! Why don't I have one of these already?


Split skirt. I think this look is going to be huge next Summer.

Richard Chai Love:

Pink and blue tropical flower prints were all over the catwalk in this show. See the blue lips?


And remember those white sandals by Cynthia Rowley I mentioned above? Check out these by Lacoste:


Notice the similarly wide ankle strap? I love too the black and white piping, the patent orange front, in fact the entire construct of the shoe.

So to sum up: colour brights, patterns, fluid-like and split skirts, wide-strap sandals, and a general taste of the sublime and the exotic. It's going to be a good summer.