~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Monday 26 September 2011

Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli S/S 2012

Just when I thought that next Summer's clothes couldn't get any better, Milan Fashion Week goes and proves me wrong.  This for me is fashion - ever-changing, ever-evolving, ever-surprising and yet it flows with the moment, representing the feel of the current time.

Dolce & Gabbana

Like a bountiful Sicilian feast, Domenico Dolce's and Stefano Gabbana's collection featured red peppers and courgettes, turquoise flowers and straw bags.  I love the exuberance of the clothing, so typical of the designers, and the cropped top and pencil skirt combination which is starting to 'crop' up everywhere.


Tomato red, purple eggplant and green and yellow foliage.


 There are actually courgettes!


Cropped top and shorts...yup I think Topshop just got the idea for their entire S/S 12 stock...


...with tomatoes.


The turquoise flower theme begins.


Bag lust.


I particularly love this outfit with the jewel-encrusted skirt.


Beautiful pale pink and white flowers with opal buttons.


A dress entirely covered with the motif!


See the black stigma of the flowers that perfectly offsets the innocent blue?


I love the boldness of the red straw bag with the aubergine and green outfit.

Hmmm, turquoise and purple and emerald...oh my!

The show then moved onto darker, glittering pieces for the night, one of my favourite of which is this jewel-toned mini skirt:


I love the flair and the black crop top underneath the shear lace.

Roberto Cavalli

I have always loved what can only be described as the intricacy of Roberto Cavalli's clothes, but the S/S 12 collection struck a new note with me: it is a fun salutation of youth (though of course youth is something we feel and experience rather than have), and the prints are a celebration of the beauty of nature.


Sequins galore!


Anyone remember the Skittles advert, "Taste the Rainbow"?


The tropical colours offset the gold and black.


Almost flapper-girl...


Definately flapper-girl. I love this in black.


I can't decide which is more fabulous, this jacket or Versace's (http://turquoise-pink.blogspot.com/2011/09/milan-fashion-week-super-shows.html). I would pair it with dark jeans and black suede heels.


I feel like one of the unicorns from Fantasia that danced in the rainbow puddles!


My favourite part of the printed jacket is the pair of lilac blossoms!


Beautiful evening maxi...only Cavalli could create this.


A skirt in a similar design.

I wonder if Chanel & co. will top all of this...