~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Friday 23 September 2011

S/S 2012 - Milan Fashion Week Highlights

To quote the Parent Trap, I am in such major trouble here - toooo many beautiful clothes at Milan Fashion Week! Three of my favourite shows so far have been MaxMara, Maurizio Pecoraro and D&G (as always).

MaxMara

So many ideas going on in my mind when I first saw these photos - city sleek, sporty luxe, minimalist, and at the same time an cchildlike innocence was going on here, and the colours of the beach - turquoise sea and sand. No wonder I am so in love...


Turquoise leggings just went back on my wish-list (originally on there for last summer, but they have just been promoted from 'would be nice' to 'necessary').


All-in-one 90s colour blocking.


I love this. The black elbow-length top (I'm a sucker for these, I think I own eight in white by Michael Stars), with the tan leather shorts.


The subtle change from turquoise to cerulean in the mid-section of the ensemble is inspired here.


The top possibly reminds me of a theme-park cover-up, but I can deal with that, it's the perfect shade of gold and it's shiny.


In the jacket this time. Hmm, a turquoise pencil skirt would brighten up so many offices!

Maurizio Pecoraro

I have to admit this designer is new to me, but just check out the tribal designs on Vogue.com, and these shoes!!:


Um, wow. I think these are my favourite heels of the season so far.


And the full outfit. I especially love the textured mini-skirt.


More amazing shoes, with grass trimmings at the ankle.

D&G

I think Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were trying to make a point here - wear scarves. Lots of them. In all different colours. All at once. And I love it.

This is to be the designer duo's final collection for D&G, which is to merge with the parent line Dolce & Gabbana. This is a shame I feel, as D&G always offered a younger and bolder look that I always somewhat preferred to the latter, but maybe the overall collections will be stronger because of this. We shall see next season.


Sherbet shades of yellow, pink, green, lilac. I could almost call this the Refreshers Dress (this will only make sense to readers from the UK).


I have always loved the combination of pink and orange, and also adore the purple flowers on the skirt, which remind me running through fields in Devon in my childhood.


I love the quilted bag! I knew I was onto something when I bought my first turquoise Vera Bradley bag this summer!


These are the glasses of next season.


Pink and Green! Lilly Pulitzer alert!


If any clothes could shout "holiday", then it would be these.


If you can wear yellow, invest in a polo or sweater in this shade now and you'll be wearing it for the next year!