~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Saturday 3 September 2011

Spring/Summer 2012 - First Look

Sometimes I wish it could be summer all year round.

I just peeked at the pre-collections on Vogue.com, and simply had to post on Stella McCartney and Preen, both of whom have revealed sleek designs and delicious prints(yay!).

SM:


There are so many things I love about this dress: the length, just skimming the knee; the cute sleeves; the black cut out that creates a tiny waist; the simplicity, and the fact that this could be worn to a hotel at breakfast, by the pool, shopping in the city, in the office, on a date...; and the golden palm tree!! I may have just talked by self into this one...

Here it is in lustful detail.

If next year's summer holidays seem like a lifetime away, just keep looking at these:

I envision this skirt being worn on a cool veranda in the heat of the day, whilst sipping home-made lemonade. And the beautiful tropical prints of the top half have given me every excuse to dress in exuberant flowers next summer.


Hawaiian shirt?!


Even the shorts are printed! Paradise islands must have been in mind here.

Preen:

Here, a taste of the Orient. The colour pairings are exquisite - chalky blues and candy floss pink with lemon sherbet; and coral reds that remind me of strawberry ice-cream sundaes.



My new favourite skirt.




I wore this colour combination on holiday in Mallorca last week - an elbow length favourite t-shirt in this exact pink by Gap with a form fitting, knee length lemon floral skirt, which is about ten years old. I knew I was onto something.