~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Thursday 14 July 2011

Harry Potter: The Final Ending

Firstly, I would like to say that I know that I am not alone in what I share in this post. Quite the contrary, I know that there are many people who will feel exactly the same as I do. But this does not make it any less important to me, or indeed anyone else.
I grew up with Harry Potter. It has been part of my life since I was 13 years old, and for the past 11 years I have read and re-read those books so many times that one time I just stopped keeping track. When you empathise with a character so much that you feel like you have stepped into their world and spoken their lines, you cannot help it - it is like home, a comfort. For me, that was Hermione. At school, I was her; at university, possibly more so. I liked to be the best in all of my work, and yes, I was (and still am) bossy. But I was and am, terrified of failure, and I think that this also a hidden part of her character.

I have always treated the books and films as separate entities. The movies are thrilling, fun, the build-up and anticipation even more so. The books are where a part of my world resides. But the fact that the last film is upon us now is almost like reading the final book all over again: heartbreaking.  I remember feeling empty after reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I have a feeling that watching Dan, Rupert and Emma play out the final act will bring a similar notion.

Emma Watson has somewhat become an idol of mine. She is pure, and stays true to herself, which if a person can do is a huge feat, it is so easy to be swayed into doing things because other people want you to do them.

These pictures are from the recent Harper's Bazaar photoshoot. I think they represent both her external and internal beauty.



And from the beginning:


Thank you Emma and J K Rowling.