~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Jumpers - ahead of the game

Jumpers are about to have a moment.
When I was younger, some hot Augusts I would fantasise about the time when I would once again be able to wear them. I fear that this is one of those years. Below are some of my favourite from the catwalk, and I'm positive that come September, the designers at Topshop and co. will be rushing to bring the first copies onto their shelves. Here are the originals in alphabetical order:

Altuzarra

Possibly my favourite. I have a jumper like this from Morgan, which I bought when I was 15 years old. I refused to part with it, even though it is now so small that it looks like a doll's sweater (I used to be tiny) so last year I wore it over black leggings and a Wolford leotard. I still love it. But maybe I will invest in a new adult version.


Balenciaga

More urbane, but I like the baggy yet defined shape of this one.


Blumarine


Blumarine

The ribbed polo-neck. This is a keeper from last year, and I hope it's here to stay.


Celine

I adore the swathe-like neck of this sweater, and the clean minimalistic lines.


Givency - the 'garland jumper'

90s perfection. I shall say nothing more, other than that this jumper will be copied on the high street. Alot.


Givency

Ditto.


Givency

The yellow outfit that has been featured in every single fashion magazine I have read in the last two months.

Isobel Marant

A little different, but I love the folk quality of this sweater (and of course the fringed boots). I would wear this on a chilly autumn day whilst walking in the fields.


Jason Wu

Gothic lace adds interest to a gym-like sweater.


Jil Sander

This chunky knit puts me in mind of winter sports.


Jil Sander

More alpine fun from Jil Sander.


Missoni

I love the cotton-candy colours of this outfit from Missoni. I would wear the sweater simply over dark skinny jeans for autumn chic.


Stella McCartney

Chunky white perfection from Stella McCartney.

Comments are welcome!