~Fashion~Lifestyle~Luxury~Health~Beauty~Wellness~Travel~

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." - Coco Chanel

Friday 7 October 2011

The Delicious List - 07/10/11

Some fashion and trend picks of the week:

1. Slippers

Yes really. Or possibly slippers disguised as loafers. Or loafers disguised as slippers. Whatever, I found mine at Topshop for twenty quid. So there.



2. Outdoor Heritage

To get some of this, invest in a wax Barbour jacket. I lived in mine at University, and they never go out of style.




I usually go for black, but I'm quite attracted to this dark leaf green version.

3. Fairytale Fashion

The final shows, seemed instead of in Paris to be located somewhere in Fantasyland. Marc Jacobs managed to pull off a modern-day fairytale for his Louis Vuitton collection.  There was even a Mary Poppins merry-go-round!


Giant white broderie anglaise. Such a good start.


Now in pale blue and with a coral pink collar. Even better...


...turquoise!! The skirt has an iridescent overlay and the shoes are to die for (more on that below).


In butter yellow.


The floral theme has moved onto shower curtains. But it really works.


Something Alice in Wonderland about this?


I love the long leather coat and the high-cut shorts in pale blue broderie anglaise.


This floral dress reminds me of wrapping paper - I love it!


The White Witch of Narnia?


Love the turquoise feathers. And a parasol is an obvious must-by next Spring. Trust me, they'll be everywhere in London.


Kate Moss in white feathers.

4. The Smell of Autumn

I was just on a walk out on the hill, and there was the smell of bonfire and falling leaves in the air.  I love Autumn - it's my second favourite season after Summer. I think it's because it's the start of the new academic year, it reminds me of starting afresh and newness, new stationary...

5. To-die-for Shoes

From the Spring/Summer shows that is.


Louis Vuttion - wear with a suit or dress up shorts and a white tee.


Alexander McQueen - high and mighty.


Chanel - space shoes, guaranteed hot buy next Spring.

6. Sleep

Colder weather (finally) means an excuse for more sleep and American TV dramas.

7. Travel

Why is it that at this time every year, my thoughts turn to where to go next in the world? I decided to defer my place at UCLA until next September, as I'm not exactly sure what it is I want to spend the rest of my life doing - fashion, business, journalism, combining all that...or medicine? Anyway, so a Californian road trip may help me decide whether to go. I'm also looking to go back to Paris in January or February (when am I not looking to go back?) to stay with some relatives who live in the centre of the city. In fantasy world, I would be going to a remote dessert island and lie in a hammock hung between two palm trees.

Hmmm, I think I'll post soon about winter spa destinations!